Travel and Accommodations
If you need assistance in making your travel arrangements for the weekend, we invite you to contact Anthony Travel at 1-800-366-3772, or the South Bend/Mishawaka Convention and Visitors Bureau at 1-800-519-0577.
Please note South Bend is in the Eastern Time Zone.
On or near campus:
- Fairfield Inn & Suites South Bend at Notre Dame (574) 234-5510
- The Inn at Saint Mary’s (574) 232-4000
- Embassy Suites (574) 400-2600
- Hilton Garden Inn (574) 232-7700
- Ivy Court Inn & Suites (574) 277-6500
Accommodations in the immediate area:
- Comfort Inn and Suites (574) 247-4000
- Country Inn & Suites (574) 271-1700
- Courtyard by Marriott (574) 273-9900
- Double Tree (574) 234 2000
- Fairfield Inn (574) 273-2202
- Hampton Inn (574) 273-2309
- Hampton Inn & Suites (574) 277-9373
- Holiday Inn Express (877) 863-4780
- Hyatt Place Mishawaka (574) 258-7777
- Jameson Inn (574) 277-3211
- Marriott Hotel (574) 234-2000
- Oliver Inn (574) 232-4545
- Quality Inn & Conference Center (574) 272-6600
- Quality Inn & Suites (Airport) (574) 288-3800
- Red Roof Inn (574) 271-4800
- Residence Inn (574) 271-9283
- Spring Hill Suites (574) 271-0832
- Varsity Clubs (574) 277-0500
- Waterford Estates (574) 272-5220
Traveling to South Bend
From the North: The University is located just south of the Indiana Toll Road (Interstate 80/90). Exit I-80/90 at Exit 77 and turn right onto Indiana 933. Make a left at the fourth stop light (Angela Boulevard), then turn left at the second stoplight (Eddy Street). Follow signs to visitor parking.
From the South: Take U.S. 31 north which becomes Indiana 933 just south of the city of South Bend. Stay on Indiana 933 through downtown South Bend to Angela Boulevard. Turn right onto Angela, and then turn left at the second stoplight (Eddy Street). Follow signs to visitor parking.
The South Bend Regional Airport is about 15 minutes by car from the Notre Dame campus (flights should be booked to South Bend, Indiana). From the airport, go east on Lincolnway West (left out of the airport) to downtown South Bend. Turn left on Indiana 933 (Michigan Street) and proceed about two miles to Angela Boulevard. Turn right onto Angela, and then turn left at the second stoplight (Eddy Street). Follow signs to visitor parking.
Visitors also can fly to Chicago and drive. The university is about two hours by car from Chicago’s O’Hare International Airport and about 90 minutes from Midway International Airport. From O’Hare, take I-190 east out of the airport, merge onto I-90 east (the Kennedy Expressway) toward downtown Chicago and merge with I-94 south (the Dan Ryan Expressway). Take the Skyway exit off the Dan Ryan and remain on I-90 to the Indiana Toll Road, which merges with I-80. From the Illinois border, it is about 75 miles to Exit 77 (the South Bend/Notre Dame exit).
The South Shore Line trains run directly from the Chicago Loop (corner of Michigan and Randolph) to South Bend Regional Airport in South Bend (about a 2 hour trip). From the airport, the Notre Dame campus is approximately a 15 minute ride by car. Various transportation methods are available (ie. taxi, rental car).